03 April 2015

Review | InstaNatural Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oil

No comments:
 

As I learn more about natural hair care, I'm learning about different oils and their purposes. When I got the chance to try the InstaNatural Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils, I was very excited.  If you read my blog frequently, you would know that I am a big supporter of InstaNatural's products because, they're awesome! InstaNatural is is a leading online and global distributor of more than a dozen nature inspired beauty and cosmetics products. Their products are one of the top sellers on Amazon and can also be found in salons, spas and stores in the U.S, and internationally as well.

The Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils are both multipurpose. The Peppermint Essential Oil energizes and refreshes the body and mind. This steam-distilled oil is extracted from dried or fresh leaves from the Mentha Piperita herb, giving it a sharp, menthol fragrance. This oil give off a strong minty fresh aroma. I decided to use this oil for two purposes, for room fragrance and a hair treatment. For the room fragrance, I mixed the peppermint oil with a cotton scented oil in a tea light pot and in no time, their was a refreshing aroma in the air.  I was excited to use the Peppermint oil for my hair treatment the most. I did a little research and I made my very own hot oil treatment, which consisted of, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter and Peppermint Oil. Peppermint oil is known for having hair restorative properties that aids in hair growth. I must say that it was one of the best hot oil treatments I've ever had and it's a bi-weekly routine for me now.

The Lemon Oil can be used for the same purposes as the Peppermint Oil but I used it for my skin. Lemon Oil is perfect for skincare. The scent alone makes it great but its astringent and purifying properties also make it a great aid to help cleanse and tone the skin, while delivering a boost of Vitamin C antioxidant benefits. Before bed every night for about 3 weeks, I would soak a cotton ball with water and add 4-5 drops of lemon oil and dab the spot with it. The spot has lighten drastically. The biggest thing I've learned about both of the oils, is that, they must be diluted when using them for anything; especially on skin.

I'm learning about other ways to use these oils because there are so many things one can use them for. I would recommend both of these oils to anyone who is interested in purchasing essential oils.



This post is powered by Brandbacker, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you're the best! If you have any questions email me at askme.soaf@hotmail.com. Thank you!